Monday, March 4, 2013

True Blood cover

This is the cover for True Blood #10 from IDW. It was a long process to get this final product. The name of the game was getting the approval from HBO. When you make art for a licensed property you are at the behest of the property owner. Below I've illustrated a few of the steps leading to the final piece. It was a learning experience.

My editor was worried that the face was not accurate enough, not matching actor Joe Manganiello, and therefore would not meet approval. On the right you see my corrections, made in photoshop.



This is the layout finally approved by HBO. I think this was #10 out of 12. Not my first choice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know there was a True Blood comic! I've been waiting patiently for another book, looks like I'll be switching to comics so I can read this & TWD!